Sunday, February 1, 2009

72 hours and counting

It has now been more than 72 hrs. since her surgery. 48-72 hrs. after are the most critical. She is still taking baby steps forward. Which of course is what we want. She is the little turtle inching ever so slowly toward the finish line. She doesn't need to go fast, just as long as she goes forward she will eventually win the race.



Last night she had the drain taken out of her head. They started feeds into her stomach, but it was no moving, so they stopped the feeds for now. She is getting IV nutrition. She is also getting a Nexium drip to repair any damage that was done in her stomach and intestines. Sometime today she will be getting a CT scan to see if there is anymore swelling. Which I expect there shouldn't be. Neurosurgery was in this morning and said they are happy with how she is doing. All her numbers are looking good. Tomorrow they will lighten her sedation to see how she does.



Thanks for checking in on her. Please feel free to leave a comment or just your name so we know that you visited. Your encouragement means alot to us. God bless. Liz

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning, This is a test, Heather has helped me this morning to set up this account for all my friends to send you their love and support via the this blog. You are all in our PRAYERS ALWAYS the telephone calls, e-mails and reach outs have been unbelievable. I know that GOD has you all in HIS hands and will help you through this very sad time. Will see you later today. Love Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Liz and Todd I too can't believe this is happening. I know Ashlyn is a fighter. She has the best parents. I pray ever chance I get if I wake up in middle of night or between bus runs. I have a stupid cold so don't know when I can come up to see you all. But if there is any thing just yell. God is sooo good and I know he has Ashlyn in his hands, Love you all lots. Aunt Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz and Todd, You are all in our prayers! We care about you and know that Jesus will keep you in his loving arms in this difficult time. All our Love, Jeff and Gabrielle Horsman

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in our hearts, minds and prayers continuously. Stand strong and keep your eyes fixed on Him. We love you guys - Ellen & Tony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm Lenette's friend and I came here after reading her blog. I hope Ashlyn continues to improve and recovers fully. What a hard thing for your family to go through. I'm impressed with your strength, and will remember you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know we are keeping Ashlyn and both of you in prayer daily. "In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God." Ps 62:7 Remember where the rock of your strength is, and take refuge there when you need it. We love you all, but He loves you even more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I've got the night shift covered as far as talking to God about your family. I think about you all more than anything else as I shove cookie dough into the oven. I've been especially burdened for Todd, and I wish there was something I could do besides pray and send my family to help. Todd, I love you and I wish I wish I could be there with you. I cried for you tonight. I'm praying that you will be able to cling to Him during this time - and not feel like you need to walk through this alone. He is our anchor

    Rob

    ReplyDelete