Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Update




Sorry for the delay with the update. We were having trouble getting on the internet at the hospital. Anyway, she had her central line taken out and is now getting only food into her stomach via a feeding tube. They are gradually taking her off of IV drugs and going to oral, again thru the feeding tube. She is on just a little morphine, but I image that will be done with soon. She is still on a drug called Adavan. This is a sedation drug and she will be weened off of it slowly. She was a little more awake today, opening her eyes and moving alot. When it is time to go to the rehab. center she will probably still have her feeding tube. The nurse said that this is not unusual. I imagine she will have to learn to eat again. Again, we are thankful for the "turtle steps" she is taking. We know that it will be a long road ahead of us. But God will give us and Ashlyn His strength to get through.


3 comments:

  1. This is a little note to Oma,

    When I made it over to the hospital today..I was soo stressed out.
    Personal stuff !!

    I had seen Ashlyn last nite and we were still heavy hearted.

    As I walked into the room and saw "OUR" girl in her little head band..
    Well, it just made me laugh.
    ( and almost cry)
    She looked as sweet as sweet could be.
    It was just the thing to show us
    Addie is soo on the road to recovery.

    Iove what you bought her..I saw them all and I just can't wait to see her in all four head-dresses.

    They are great...Thanks for breaking through my spirit of heaviness.
    with your grandma gifts to Lil Addie
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though the update on Ashlyn was late, it was worth it, to know she is still taking those turtle steps forward. I jump for joy each time I think of how God brought Ashlyn through all of this, and He will carry her through the rest of her journey. God is so good and He gives us all the strength to be with Ashlyn and help her through whatever is next for her. I've also heard the same song too, Liz, "through the highs and through the lows He never lets go."
    Love Oma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is wonderful to see Kiernan and Preston visiting Ashlyn. I didn't know that could see her in the PICU. I'm thinking it is a little scary for them but relieveing as well. Ed and I keep saying we want to get up to see you guys but we just don't want to be in the way. We are with you in spirit always, and you are in our prayers.
    Matthew says "Ashlyn, I want you to get home to your home because I love you. Love Matthew"
    Ryan says "Hope you get well soon."
    Patricia says "Hope you feel better soon, we miss you at church and youth group."
    God Bless you all, love the Skinners

    ReplyDelete