Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday Afternoon

Sorry for the delay in posting. The wireless connection is not very good at Sunnyview, so I was not able to get on and post.

Ashlyn has done ok with her transition to Sunnyview. Today she saw Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy. She has about had it with hospitals and people she doesn't know coming up to her and trying to "play". I don't blame her. I know she wants to be home more than anything, but we know this is the best place for her now. As I write this, Todd and Ashlyn are on their way to Albany Med. because her feeding tube got blocked with crushed up meds. The pharmacy instead of sending up her meds. liquid, sent them up pill form. But why you ask did the nurse crush them and try and squeeze them in her little tube. My answer, I don't know. So, hopefully all goes smoothly and they will not be there long.

As for how I am doing. Well, I am a little overwhelmed with all this. I just wish we could skip ahead 6 weeks and everything is fine and Ashlyn is coming home. But I can't and we have to walk through this. It is hard for me to watch her not be happy and mostly sad. It's hard for me to remember how she was and see how she is now. I know that she will not stay as she is now and will only get better from here. She has come so far in just a few weeks. So I know I just to keep looking at all the wonderful things she can do.

Thank you again for helping us out. Your prayers, support have really helped us get through this difficult time with Ashlyn. God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Liz and Todd, I have been anxious all day and probably checked your blog site at least 20 times. Thank you for sharing, Ashlyn's struggles and your struggles, it helps us to pray for you specifically. We know you are right about how Ashlyn will be in six weeks but also understand how you just want your little girl home with you and it all to be over right now. Dear Heavenly Father, please LORD meet this special family right where they are and where there needs are. Please be with my sister, Liz she is in need of your Mercy and Grace, touch her in a special way. Bless the entire Finn family abundantly. Thank you LORD. Father please be with Todd and Ashlyn as they go back to Albany Med to deal with the G tube clog. Thank you LORD. Please help Ashlyn be peaceful and joyful.Thank you LORD! love you, Ed and Kathy Skinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It brings me to tears when I read this...I want to scoop you and Ashlyn in my arms and just not let go. But I also know that God is holding you both and is comforting you far better than I ever could. I love you and pray His comfort and strength will be there for and all the family.
    Love Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOT a good first impression of Sunnyview. I don't know who was worse the pharmacist or the nurse!!!! We will be praying things go better and Ashlyn will warm-up to some of these therapists.
    Love Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete