Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Morning Update




Yesterday as Ashlyn started waking up from her sedation, she started having seizures. They called them focalized. Basically her right side of her face started twitching. They gave her more of her anti-seizure meds, and they stopped through the night. This moring they started again with a little more twitching on the right side of her body. She had a CT scan done and Neurosurgery said that everything looked fine and in fact it looked better than the last scan. The Attending Dr. said that she probably has been having seizures all along, it's just that we have not seen them until now being off sedation. So she was put on another anti-seizure med. and they are putting her back on some sedation. The Dr. also said that hopefully as she heals more and the blood that is still there gets re-absorbed in her body, that these seizures should stop. She will be in anti-seizure meds for months.




Yesterday when she was awake a little, it looked like she was watching Sponge Bob. She watched Sponge Bob all the time last time she was in the hospital. We think we may have even seen a smile.




Thanks for keeping Ashlyn in your prayers. This has been a emotional roller coaster for Todd and I. But we keep holding onto God and know that He is in control.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ashlyn you're beautiful EYES!! It's sooo nice to see them!! I've been sitting here (trying to be patient) waiting to see this news!! I'm sooo grateful the drs said everything looked even better than last time, THANK YOU GOD!! I heard about your cuddling time and I had tears of joy! I am still praying Ashlyn will surprise everyone when she pulls through this and is herself again! I'm always praying and thinking of you all! We LOVE you guys!!
    Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wait and wait
    as time goes by
    Hoping and praying
    for just one little sign

    But our loving Father
    Soo faithful and true
    Gave Liz and Todd not one...but "TWO"

    These signs are a symbol of hope
    For all us to praise
    The goodness of God
    Throughout these long days

    We now look forward
    To a glimmer and a smile
    From this one so precious
    Lizzie's baby, Todd's child

    Refreshment of faith
    keeps us "warriors" renewed
    As we wait expecting
    For more "Happy" news

    "So press in and go forth
    With fasting and prayer
    Be confident,
    that every need in her body
    Is under my care

    Confusion, anxiety
    is not coming from me
    I'm peace and faith
    And all you can't see

    I'll strengthen you
    Bless you
    Provide all your needs

    While "BELOVED" the "Church"
    Remain on their knees

    Be at peace my dear children
    I come to reveal
    Ashlyn & Jesus
    Have "Secrets' concealed

    For you will remain
    in a state of awe
    As I reveal myself
    during these days...you've endured

    A mist of my spirit
    Will touch your sweet souls
    As I allow you to see
    My Glory Unfold

    I love you,I hear you
    Your Ashlyns,is "MY" care
    Continue in vigilance
    Your courage to bear

    Others will see
    the faith that you harbor
    And many will acknowledge
    MY most powerful father"

    "From the heart of God....."

    I will remind you always, what God has spoken
    This will be his "earnest"...his own special token

    Use it as your staff, when your heart starts to fail
    Just never forget..I'm behind every vail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashlyn! Did I tell you how beautiful you look with your new hair do? Rita is coming to spend the night with me....maybe when you get better, you and Rita can come to my house together. Or we can go swimming at Aunt Robin's together...I like that idea better! Keep taking them turtle steps and I'll keep praying for you! Say Hi to Mom and Dad!
    Love You ALL~ Aunt Lola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Finns,
    We are checking the updates daily, sometimes a couple of times a day. We have Ashlyn's picture is on our screen saver, the one where she is behind her birthday cake. We keep praying for that miracle. God please touch this little child with your healing power. Bring her to the place where you want her to be. Thank you for the gift of Ashlyn and her family. They are truely a blessing to everyone that come in touch with. Please bless them in the same way. Peace be with you. love the Skinners

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading Kathy Skinner's entry today I just wanted to agree with her in prayer that we are believeing for a miracle too, trusting in His Sovereignty. Also, Ashlyn has been on my screen saver too . . . I have the one of her peeking out from under the bed! Praying Liz and Todd that you keep strong through this trial - Love You Guys - Ellen and Tony

    ReplyDelete