Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday




Ashlyn has been doing great with keeping her food down. So now we are moving toward getting her a feeding tube in her stomach. Sunnyview will not make an exception for her. But that is ok, if she needs it to get to Sunnyview then that is fine. We are hoping to be there as soon as next week. Today we had Ashlyn sitting in a chair. A high chair to be exact. There are no chairs small enough for her so a high chair did the trick. She sat in the chair for about an hour and it wore her out. Yesterday she had another swallow test with chocolate pudding. She did better that the day before. The Dr. said the only way to practice swallowing, is swallowing. I know she will get there fast. And before we know it she will be eating.
The pictures above are of her sitting. The bottom one it looks like she is happy, but she isn't. Todd just happened to snap it just at the right moment. But I have to say, she was very happy to see Aunt Carol today. She gave her a big smile when she walked in.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what really to say

    Except " Father, I praise you "

    "No good thing will you with-hold from them

    (the Finns) that walk uprightly before you "

    Thank you for allowing us to be your children.

    Your word is a lamp unto our feet and a light

    for our path Amen

    Poppy & I are rejoicing with every update..

    See you when we are all over the flu..hopfully by fri...will be in touch xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Todd and Liz we are so very happy to hear of Ashlyn's progress. Praise the LORD!!!!!! Thank you for healing her stomach so she can handle her feeds, God! We are sorry for about the answer "no" from Sunnyview. I sure wish it was different. I know a lot of people are continuing to pray for Ashlyn, because I continue to get emails asking how she is doing. God is so good, all the time. Peace be with you as you continue to be at Ashlyn's side. Please God continue to touch and heal this little precious child of yours. Amen.
    Hope to see you soon. love, The Skinners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz and Todd,
    I'm glad you both were able to spend the day with Kiernan,Preston and Katelyn while Carol and I spent it with Ashlyn (even though Carol did hog Ashlyn.) I enjoyed being there,as I always do, and I can see how much she has improved, thank you God. I am so overjoyed to see that God never lets go, He is and always will be an awesome God.
    Love you Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoicing with you as Ashlyn continues to get stronger each day. Trusting for His healing hands to continue to touch her!! So good to see pictures of her progress and it sure looks like a smile to me ;-) - we continue to press in on her behalf - blessings to you all - Ellen

    ReplyDelete