Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Morning

Ashlyn is starting to adjust to life at Sunnyview. She still whines alot when she has to have therapy, especially PT and OT. She likes ST because she gets to eat pudding, as you saw in the previous day. Her ST taught her how to sign "more". So if she wants more pudding she signs "more" and shakes her head yes. She gets so excited to finally eat something! She is doing wonderful with swallowing and it is just a matter of time before she is getting all the nutrition she needs thru her mouth. Yesterday during PT, with lots of support, she walked to me. She put one foot in front of the other and initiated walking. She is making wonderful progress in just the short time she has been there. Each day we see something that she has improved on or see something new that she does.

Last night CarolAnn stayed with Ashlyn so Todd and I could go out for dinner (it was his birthday yesterday) and come home together. Today the rest of the kids are coming up to see Ashlyn. I know she misses them and they miss her.

Thanks for checking in today and thanks for all your prayers for Ashlyn. Have a great Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing video of Ashlyn, Thank you LORD for working in Ashlyn's life. Thank you for healing her. We(the whole church) prayed for Ashlyn today. We know God hears our prayers and is answering them. I am glad you both had some time alone together. And got to go home together. Thank you Carolanne for being that blessing for them. We stand with you in prayer always, Ashlyn is going home shortly and will grow better and better each day. Praise the LORD. God Bless the Finn Family. love, Ed and Kathy Skinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE seeing the videos!! Ashlyn is making such GREAT progess, Thank the LORD!! This is amazing!! I am so excited to see how she improves every day! Happy Belated Birthday Todd!! How nice you guys were able to go out!! That's GREAT! WE Love you guys and can't wait for the next update!!
    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of her with the "Wonder girl" head band. Looking forward to spending my first night tomorrow with Ashlyn...I miss her so much and I thank God for all the forward strides she is making. (Liz, I dreamt you were cooking Ashlyns' favorite meal.)
    Love Oma and Opa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx so much for sharing the amazing video of Ashlyn's steps in therapy...our GOD can make us all stop in pure awe and amazement even after a lousy Monday! ! ! ! To GOD be the GLORY and will PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME tonite in my prayers. Todd and Liz, you two keep on living for the LORD and I ask HIM to increase your Faith daily and Bless everything in your lives. LORD GOD, we all ask that YOU would continue to over-shadow the entire Finn family and richly bless them and Ashlyn; might YOU continue to increase her strength, will and determination and show the world YOUR ALMIGHTY HEALING POWERS!!! Thank YOU so much for YOUR MERCY AND GOODNESS AND LOVE, I pray...

    IN JESUS' NAME
    AMEN


    Chris Charles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wonder girl pics - she looks so good! You made me cry again with the video clip, but keep them coming! It really helps to know exactly where you are at.

    Much love and always our prayers.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. The most fantastic thing I've seen in days!!!! She is a champ...I mean Wonder Women or is it Supergirl! Which everone she is my hero!

    ReplyDelete