Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ashlyn

I can't believe that we are here again. This was something I never thought would happen to her. As I reflect on these past few days. I feel sadness and joy at the same time. Sadness that she has to endure something else. Sadness that this is something she does not deserve. But than joy to know that God has her in his hands. Joy because the Drs. told us that she had a good chance of not making it through the surgery, but she is here and made it through. Joy for all the little steps forward that she is making. I will only keep listening to the positive and focus my all on Him who will get her through this. A song keeps going through my head. Here are some of the lyrics. "Savior, He can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save. Forever, Author of salvation. He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave." He is what sustains me and the same God that conquered the grave, is the same God that will conquer this illness in her.

Medical update on her is that she will probably get the drain in her head taken out today. They will keep her well sedated through the weekend. Then on Monday start to wake her up a little. They will also put a central line in on Monday so she can get IV nutrition. Overall she is progressing forward. Time will tell what damage was done from her bleeding. Please pray that she will have minimal to no damage. Long term, she will be in the hospital at least 2 weeks and then in a rehabilitation center for at least 6 weeks. Todd is taking a leave from work so we can both focus on getting her well and back home. Thank you all for your love, prayers and support. We COULD NOT get through this without you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment